Saturday 6 June 2015

Backwards & Upside Down

>> I have been stuck.

All of my ideas have run out of my head and I haven't been able to catch them.

And when your head is empty of ideas, it leaves room for much darker things to creep it.

These darker things were taking over my head, until yesterday, where I took a nap and had a dream.

I dreamt that I was looking over rooftops that stretched for miles and miles and suddenly in the window next to me appeared my grandfather, who's passed away.

He turned to me and said, "You should be downstairs having a wonderful time." so I started going downstairs, but I stopped halfway because I said to him; "I don't know how to have a wonderful time."

And he told me to do everything I was doing, but to do it backwards and upside down
and have a wonderful time doing it.

And I like that dream, because it feels like my granddad has managed to, from beyond the grave, tell me off for wallowing in self-pity, which sounds barrow. <<

- thisbedottie

No comments:

Post a Comment